Company reputation can make or break your recruitment process. According to LinkedIn, 72% of recruiting leaders worldwide agreed that employer brand has a significant impact on hiring. So, how can you improve your employer branding and recruit top talent? Depending on your budget and resources, there are a variety of approaches to developing a strong employer brand.
Showcase Your Employees
Your employees are the lifeline of your employer brand. You can create an authentic and effective employer branding strategy by including key company talent in branding discussions and by highlighting their unique stories.
Here are a few ways you can include employees in the employer branding strategy:
- Add team member biographies to your website
- Work employee posts into your blog schedule
- Use photography and video to visually highlight employees on your website and social media accounts
Focus on Culture
Executives are more likely to be interested in joining your company if they can easily see that you value company culture. When you focus on improving the culture of your company, you are also investing in an effective recruitment strategy. Ways to improve your company culture include:
- Organizing team events to cultivate relationships
- Recognizing individual and team contributions
- Promoting collaboration with effective communication tools
- Implementing an open-door feedback policy
Utilize Social Media
Your company may have an outstanding culture and work environment, but your employer brand will not benefit unless top talent is able to see your efforts. Social media is the perfect place to familiarize potential recruits with your brand. Strengthen your employer brand on social media by:
- Posting photos and videos of employee activities
- Highlighting employee achievements and milestones
- Communicating your core company values
Remember, your employees and company culture are the key to recruiting top talent. By focusing on these steps and improving your brand, you will position your company for more effective recruitment. For expert advice at every step of the search and recruitment process, contact The Overture Group.